Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nanuet Pizza- Unique Crust

The other night, after hearing for a long time about how great it was from my in-laws, I finally got to try Nanuet Pizza, on Middletown Road in Nanuet NY.

Now, this place is definelty from another era...it's a hole in the wall, but I definetly like the vibe.
An old school community resturant for sure. It's refreshing to go to a place like this, and to have places like this still around.

Anyways, the pizza. I thought it was awesome! The cheese and the sauce...nothing special there. But the crust was very different...unique. It was pie-like, I want to say. Very thin, flaky, and buttery. Definetly worth a try if you're in the Nanuet area.

I'm told this pizza is locally famous, and there have even been requests from people all over the world who wanted it shipped to them or wanted franchise rights (though the owners turned them down).