Sunday, September 16, 2007

Keith And Hudson

Today, I had the oppurtunity to visit my longtime friend, Westchester County Police Officer Keith McCartney, who's assigned to the Special Operations Dvision as a Mounted Police Officer. Keith and I worked together at Empress EMS, County Police, and 60 Control. Many know Keith as "624".


I happened to be driving through Ardsley, and saw a lot of activity at Ashford Park, including horses and the WCPD chopper. So, I decided to stop by, hoping that Officer Chris Lieberman was there with the chopper, or Keith with the mounted unit.


Well, Chris decided to enjoy this beauftiful day and fly tonight, and Officer Barry Silverman was giving the public a tour of the helicopter. But, Keith and Hudson were taking full advantage of the beautiful weather. I must say it's awesome to see County Police have a Mounted Unit. It really is a great addition to a Law Enforcement agency such as County Police to have. Their horses are beautiful. And I was very proud to see my longtime friend atop that horse. He earned it.
I would have never believed you if you told me that County Police would have a mounted unit, and Keith would be a part of it 10 years ago. They've certainly come a long way in 10 years! I admire County Police and their staff for being so progressive. What's old is new again, and better then ever!