Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Britain, CT EMS: How Do They Do It?

Yesterday, I had the oppurtunity to visit New Britain EMS, to photograph 2 pieces of their fleet. (I hope I can return to photograph their entire fleet more extensively)

Now, at least the part I saw of it, the City Of New Britain doesn't seem to be economically thriving, and many areas appear to be run down, and I figure a very high run volume.

However, EMS appears extremly well funded, with a brand new spacious modern building, a brand new, nicely spec'd and maintained fleet, and ample equipment.Does anyone know how they do it?

If they can have such a apparently top-notch EMS agency, how come other cities in the northeast can't follow their lead???

By the way, they have the sharpest EMS paint scheme I have ever seen.

Medic 25, 2007 Ford F-450 Super Duty 4x4/Frazer (Frazer is a very unique ambulance, the entire module and emergency lighting are powered by a small generator, which takes a huge load of the engine and chasis. This results in colder air conditioning and warmer heating, brightly lit interior, and plenty of power. The inside of the module is built very rugged, for high volume EMS. These ambulances are popular in Texas, and I don't know of any agency that operates them in the Northeast. The only other time I have seen one was at the JEMS show in '05, when they were trying to make a push into the northeast. I had a chance to check one out then, and was very, very impressed. I'm suprised more agencies haven't loooked into Frazer. http://www.frazerbilt.com/flash.php )

New Britain, CT Medic 25
2007 Ford F-450 Super Duty 4x4/Frazer



Medic 13, Duty Supervisor and Special Operations Vehicle
2007 Dodge 2500 Turbodiesel/Swab