Friday, November 30, 2007

Back To Blackberry


As some of you may know, around this time last year, I upgraded my phone to a Nextel Blackberry i7100.

If you know that, then you know a month later, I got rid of it for the Nextel i580 rugged phone. I disliked the Nextel Blackberry because it was a non-QWERTY keypad, and it was big and bulky, and wasn't a comfortable phone.

So last month, I decided to try a Motorola Q from Sprint. I really, really liked the phone, but it didn't have the push email capabilities I desired, so I returned it after my month's trial was up.

This week, I ordered and recieved a Blackberry Curve "Titanium" 8310 from ATT Wireless (Formerly Cingular). This is in addition to my Nextel i580, which I'm keeping for a phone. The Blackberry is for data only. I really love it, especially the Blackberry push email service- you can't beat it. It's extremly small and light and very low profile, which is great since I'm also carrying the somewhat bulky i580. It also is very intuitive and easy to use, and features the new very easy trackball....and most importantly to me, has a full QWERTY keyboard.

I'm learning to use the email and device, it has so many features. Hopefully will help me with my scheduling and tasks as well. I'm really excited to learn how to use the camera, and how to make entries to the blog wirelessly. With the camera, should make for some neat entries when I'm not near a computer yet my mind wants to post.

I'm still debating whether "tethering" myself to a computer even more is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll keep you updated....