Sunday, February 10, 2008

There Will Be Blood

Yesterday, Kris and I went to see the feature film, "There Will Be Blood" at the Regal Cinemas at Cortlandt Town Center.

First, I haven't been to the movie theater at Cortlant Town Center since it openened in the late 90's. We usually frequent the Cinema De Lux at City Center in White Plains. While I love the seating at White Plains, I find everything else about Regal at Cortlandt Town Center to be better. It's cleaner, the pre-fim "entertainement" is much higher quality, and most importantly, they pop the popcorn fresh.

OK, enough about the theatre. The movie, "There Will Be Blood", was awesome. Two thumbs up from me, and I highly reccomend seeing it while it's on the big screen. It's a story about an evil man, Daniel Plainview (played by Daniel Day-Lewis who gives an awesome performance playing the character-some of the best acting I've ever seen). who starts out as a silver miner who works his way up to an "oilman", prospecting and drilling for oil in the early days of the industry.

The cinematography was awesome, and scenery visually stunning. The story brilliant, and the way the whole movie it put together just captivates you. I loved the way the story was told, and the way the charecters were portrayed. I wasn't completly satisfied by the ending, but that's just because I wanted more. An epic classic. A quality films that gives me faith in the movie industry-there are still some great films out there.

I don't want to give to much away, so GO SEE IT! In the meantime, watch the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml2Ae2SIXac